January 28, 2012

Project Notes: indexes, animated banner?



Hey everyone, just here to let you know of progress and thoughts with the Pocket Monstrosity Project.

I've been recently halting production of the Pokémon pages and instead working on the indexes - namely, the Generation V attacks and Contest moves (from the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions). It's a lot of work, I won't lie. Right now, the last term written is Cotton Guard, so I have a LONG ways to go. But I shall press on, for it's incredibly important to have the indexes on hand while looking at the other information for this guide. The Attacks index won't be available until it's finished though. But I wanted to let you know why I haven't churned out Sandshrew's family info yet.

It's also crossed my mind how I need to better advertise the pages to the PM guide. All the files are in PDF format, so you won't get to actually see them until after you've downloaded - but that's only after you wait 20 seconds from the external filesharing site to allow you to download the file at the slowest speed possible for free. That's quite a while to wait and see if you're interested in a product.

Perhaps, then, I shall make the banner at the top of this blog animated? Think about it - it'll be able to cycle through the sample images automatically, right at the top of the blog. BANG, you get to preview the product in like two seconds. While a sample image is up, if you click it, you'll either see the fullsize preview image, or go directly to the download page the sample image is showing.

I should try it out sometime. In the meantime, I hope my interactive Flash menu is helping you find what you need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment